Aircraft Maintenance QC Manager Urgent
- Greenfield, Indiana
- Annual Salary $65,000.00 - $90,000.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance QC Manager job at Aero Management Group LLC in Greenfield IN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Title: Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Updated: 03/29/2016
Work Location: MQJ - Greenfield, IN
The Aircraft Maintenance Manager (AMM) is responsible for the evaluation, performance, and management of all aircraft maintenance requirements. The AMM will make recommendations associated with the aircraft needs and performance to ensure upkeep, airworthiness, and market value of the aircraft and will coordinate with the Director of Maintenance and Operational Control Center on service updates for assigned aircraft.
- Oversee Maintenance on JAA company aircraft as assigned by VP of Maint or DOM.
- Provide status updates as required to the DOM or designee.
- Responsible for maintaining JAA aircraft and equipment to ensure continuous safety, airworthiness and
compliance status within the approved maintenance programs, As and company policies.
- Negotiate and secure quote/contracts with agencies, OMPs required for aircraft, and aircraft parts and
component repair, overhaul, modification, etc.
- Coordinate with departments within the company on matters relative to the operations,
quality assurance, and maintenance and scheduling of aircraft.
- Review vendor paperwork and construct RTS packages for review and approval for aircraft return to
- Review aircraft inspection requirements prior to scheduled maintenance events and monitoring aircraft
schedules. Coordinate with VP & DOM to schedule aircraft down as required.
- Coordinates maintenance planning to ensure adequate aircraft down time is available. Ensures
adequate information is available to coordinate parts in time to meet lead time requirements.
- Assist Quality Manager in aircraft tracking system review and update as required.
- Review discrepancies and direct or accomplish corrective action as authorized.
- Schedule routine maintenance, component changes, inspection, airworthiness directives and service
- Establish work assignments and track their completion by vendor maintenance personnel as required
on out of service aircraft.
- Supervise On-Call OMPs performing maintenance and returning company aircraft to service.
- Provide technical and logistical support to Maintenance/OMP’s and Flight Crews for active aircraft
maintenance discrepancies, Minimum Equipment List, Configuration Deviation List, and NonMEL Deferred Maintenance Items (DMIs) to determine proper and timely corrective action of
- Ensure that all maintenance performed on aircraft, power plants, appliances and components
is performed in accordance with the approved maintenance and inspection program, in accordance
with the applicable manufacturers’ maintenance manuals and in accordance with current Regulations.
- Accomplish maintenance personnel or OMP training as required.
- Responsible for the oversight of the control and maintenance of calibrated tools and test equipment used
by them or OMP’s they oversee.
- Coordinate the approval of Outsource Maintenance Providers or aircraft maintenance and parts.
Maintain reports and records of auditing and evaluations of Outsource Maintenance Providers.
- Maintain aircraft original logbook entries and certs in a neat and orderly fashion. Copies of required
documents will be sent in to the JAA Quality department.
- Work directly with DOM and keep him informed of any maintenance or paperwork requirements of the
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree in Aviation Maintenance or related technical training in a related field
- Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic (A&P) Certificate required
- Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, aircraft/flight maintenance or airframe sheet metal maintenance, preferably in a QC or AMM role.
- Preferred experience in a customer service facility performing inspections and repair of aircraft.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance planning, along with management oversight of inspections, repairs, and modifications.
- Flexible working schedules is a must
- Some travel may be required, up to 25%
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test
- Ability to read and respond to E-Mail communications.
Jet Access Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Employment decisions are based solely on the qualifications and merit of the individual candidate and needs of the business, without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Aero Management Group LLC Company Overview
Aero Management Group (AMG) provides world class service and support to airports, aviation businesses, and others who have a vested interest in general aviation and air carrier activity. We specialize exclusively in these segments of the industry and strive to maximize the economic impact airports have on their communities. Our team has firsthand planning, development, operations, management, marketing, and customer service experience. We have intimate working knowledge of the aviation industry, and extensive resources and expertise that encompass all segments and facets of the aviation industry (airport, aviation business, and aircraft).