Director of Aviation Education Featured
- Chicago, Illinois
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Aviation Education job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then it is time to take your years of knowledge and experience and TRAIN TOMORROW’S TECHNICIANS at the Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Chicago, IL.
Over the past 25 years, we have expanded to over a dozen campuses throughout the country, creating the world’s largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools. Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as Delta, United, Allegiant, Republic, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s. At AIM, we train more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world and are only continuing to broaden our horizons. Next stop, the Windy City!
Join AIM as we embark on our latest venture in Chicago, IL, a city well-known for its magnificent architecture, decadent deep-dish pizzas, and renowned athletic teams. The views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago city skyline are simply gorgeous and a must see!
We are always looking for qualified and experienced individuals to direct and lead our campuses and we currently are accepting resumes for a Campus Director of Education.
This position is perfect for candidates who are passionate about improving instructional resources and performance, and who can communicate effectively with both professors and corporate directors
- Supervising all instructors and education support staff on campus
- Serving as the liaison between the campus and the corporate program directors who manage education
- Auditing all school curricula to ensure that instructors are using the most up-to-date syllabi
- Act as the campus point of contact with the FAA FSDO office
- Responsible for all FAA related reporting criteria and requirements from the FAA Operations Manual
- Assisting with the organization and facilitation of all Program Advisory Committee meetings
- Facilitating ongoing instructor development with educational personnel
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- Relocation Assistance
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- MUST have an FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic certification and be very familiar with the A&P certification process
- MUST be able to work flexible hours, including evening or weekends
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- CampusVue and SharePoint experience a plus
- Experience in private-for-profit college education highly desirable
Come join our successful team of education professionals! We hope to hear from you through this initial submittal of your resume.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.